I have a book coming out in just a couple days, and it has finally made it’s way to NetGalley so I want to give a heads up on some content warnings! I’m a big fan of trigger and content warnings, and I’d hate for anyone to read the book without being armed with the information they need. As a whole, Life on Pause is pretty lighthearted, but there are a couple things that readers might want to be aware of before reading!
- Explicit sex and language
- One of the main characters experiences some bullying at work, which includes misogynistic and homophobic undertones.
- One of the main characters has lost a mother to brain cancer. It is not a recent death, but it is something he thinks about often.
- One of the main characters has a father who is in a nursing home. The character visits the nursing home often and it is a large part of his emotional plot.
- One of the main characters is somewhat estranged from his parents; though not because he’s bisexual.
Riptide does a pretty good job giving trigger warnings and info about content, so check out their metadata on Life on Pause if you want more information.
As always, if you need more information about any of the content warnings listed above, feel free to contact me using the contact form here on this website. I’ll be happy to explain or give you any needed information.
If you’ve read Life on Pause and feel like there is a warning I need to include but haven’t, let me know!